Editorial stylist Amber Duarte was inspired by the fresh, frilly frocks on the set of the “Ruff Rider” shoot featured in the April 2016 issue of Nylon. The shots, which were captured in a divey, off-the-highway diner, perfectly juxtaposed gorgeous couture with a sleepy, drive-by town. “The colorful pieces and the spring vibe influenced me to keep the hair natural so it didn’t compete with the clothing,” said Amber. “The model had a great wave that I played with to achieve the final look.”
Get the Look:
- Prep by spraying water and ONE Prep Spray throughout hair.
- Apply CHIFFON Styling Mousse to sections of hair. Wrap each section around your finger in the direction of the natural curl, release and allow to air dry in a loose wet-set technique.
- Finish drying entire head with a diffuser.
- Once hair is dry, wrap some pieces of hair around a one-inch curling iron in order to manipulate the curl in random sections.
- Apply JACKPOT Styling Crème and DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo to breakup the curl and create pieceiness.
- Refresh throughout the day with ROCKAWAY Salt Spray for added texture.
- To finish, spritz with OUTERSPACE Flexible Hairspray.