In a gorgeous nod to ’70s glamour, complete with flower power subtleties and simplistically sexy bikini-top fashion, up-and-coming actress Haley Bennett gives us butterflies on the June/July 2016 cover of Interview. In their first-ever meeting, Garren rescued the budding star’s over-dyed shattered locks with a cleaned-up shag cut, reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot. “I wanted it to look like Haley did her hair herself,” said Garren. “The whimsical, cool and sexy bangs were the biggest change to her look.”
Get the Look:
- Prep with GEMSTONE Color Shampoo and GEMSTONE Color Conditioner to repair color-treated (red to blonde) hair.
- Use a dime-size amount of CHIFFON Styling Mousse on the ends and leave roots free of product.
- Flip head upside down and loosely blow the hair dry. Insert six large Velcro rollers on crown and allow to set. Loosely blow-dry bangs.
- Apply TWISTER Curl Primer at the bottom to enhance natural wave and achieve a coiled effect.
- Work BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste in at the roots to lift and secure behind the ears with pins.
- Finish with HIGH DIVE Moisture + Shine Crème to keep the hair luxurious.