Get the Look NYFW Spring/Summer 2017
This season, R+Co's powerhouse Collective was backstage for two beautifully designed Spring/Summer 2017 runway shows. Tom Priano and Garren used the power of R+Co to create stunning styles for Reem Acra and Anna Sui, respectively, while Howard McLaren was behind the scenes capturing the excitement.
Hair by Thom Priano
Fresh romance and sweet pastels took over the runway at Reem Acra’s Spring/Summer 2017 show. Inspired by the whimsical idea of a secret garden, the collection begged for hair that followed suit, and R+Co educator and lead stylist Thom Priano created a soft, pulled-back style—complete with desirable volume and alluring curls—that fit the charming energy of the line.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with GRID Structural Setting Spray throughout.
- Curl small sections with a mini curling iron. Pin to set and cool for a natural curl texture.
- Brush hair out.
- Tease 1-inch sections throughout to create a base for the style.
- Pull hair back into tight french twist, leaving the front a bit loose. Pull at the top to make an abstract shape.
- Spray entire head with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray for hold and apply CONTINENTAL Glossing Wax for separation.
- Depending on hair type, Use FOIL Frizz + Static Control Spray or TINSEL Smoothing Oil as needed.
Hair by Garren
The Anna Sui Spring/Summer 2017 collection was dubbed “Miss American Pie”—with an endearing mix of cowgirl and folklore. Celebrity hairstylist and R+Co Co-Founder Garren created looks that were inspired by the Ronettes and the Shangri-Las. Rough texture was present for a rocker, bad-girl vibe, and additional inspiration came from a style that Garren did on Daria for Italian Vogue in 2004. Some of the models sported natural texture during their saunter on stage, and their curls were embraced and enhanced with TWISTER Curl Primer.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with CACTUS Texturizing Shampoo for body, texture and movement.
- Create a low side part and swoop the hair over the forehead.
- Apply a product like CHIFFON Styling Mousse or DALLAS Thickening Spray, and tease hair at the crown to create a rough, but not huge, texture.
- Gather the top half of the hair in the back of the head to create a modern beehive and secure with pins to hold the shape.
- Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray to keep the style in place.