Get the Look NYFW Fall/Winter 2017
Armed with R+Co products and inspired by this season's designer duds, the R+Co NYFW team packed a powerful—and supremely stylish—punch at the Fall/Winter 2017 runway shows. Jawara and Garren, along with the rest of The Collective, which includes famed R+Co Co-founders Thom Priano and Howard McLaren, styled today's hottest models and "it" girls before ushering them down the catwalk to show off the dreamy collections by Section 8 and Anna Sui.
Hair by Garren
The Anna Sui Fall/Winter 2017 collection was inspired by Elsa Schiaparelli and the parties she used to throw—featuring elements of décor with various textures including ruffles, lace and fringe. Garren used R+Co products to create various looks based on length and texture—the leading look being a modern version of the rolled hair frequently seen in the '40s. Kendall Jenner, Taylor Hill and Gigi and Bella Hadid were just a few of the jaw-droppping beauties to rock the youthful top knots down the runway.
For models with curly texture, TWISTER Curl Primer was used to define the wave and curl. For models with shorter length, the hair was styled into a bowl cut.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with SAIL Soft Wave Spray (launching March 2017) for texture, and part down the center.
- Create two “Minnie Mouse twists” at the crown.
- Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray to lock in the knots at the crown, and TROPHY Shine + Texture Spray (launching March 2017) from mid-shaft to ends to encourage natural texture.
Hair by Jawara
The premiere showing of Section 8 for Fall/Winter 2017 referenced the blurred lines of the socio-economic juxtaposition of fashion. The designer created a colllection that mixed different elements in an untraditional way, disregarding how things are typically done. Lead hairstylist Jawara worked with the designer and used R+Co products to create a "deconsutructed Dominican blowout." The look embodies an Uptown New York style on a downtown girl.
Get the Look:
- Start by saturating the hair with DALLAS Thickening Spray from roots to end.
- Blowdry hair with a round brush, over directing up and against the shaft to create body.
- Spray GRID Structural Hold Setting Spray throughout for memory and hold.
- Section and pull hair into large rollers. While in the rollers, spray hair with VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray.
- Unroll hair from rollers and leave down and loose. Depending on how heavy hair is, finish with a bit of ROCKAWAY Salt Spray for added texture.
Hair by Edward Lampley
Perhaps one of the most alternative shows at NYFW this season, Vaquera's Fall/Winter 2017 collection featured oversized moto jackets paried with lace barely-there bottoms, a costime-like chefs uniform complete with hat and heels and gold lamé adorned with swinging pearls. Vaquera urged everyone to stay punk, and the hair was no departure. Stylist Edward Lampley used R+Co products, with a special emphasis on VICIOUS Strong Hold Hair Spray, to create five rock 'n' roll styles—from a mile-high mohwak to an undone au naturale look—that complemented the edgy clothing line.
Get the Look (Tucked Braids):
- To give the illusion of short hair, create a tiny ponytail at the base of the neck and braid it into two separate braids. Spray VICIOUS Strong Hold Hair Spray along each braid.
- Flat iron the braids and pin them into a triangle at the nape.
- Take a section of hair from the top and brush it up and over the triangle. Secure it with an elastic.
- With the reamining hair, braid it, flat iron it and secure it with an elastic.
- Lastly, tuck the brauds up underneath and pin it with two U-Pins.