Get the Look Festival Hair, Don't Care
As 2017 waves good-bye to Coachella and pounds of fringe, flower crowns and midriff-bearing frocks are put away, R+Co wants to be sure that the remainder of outdoor music season—from Stagecoach to Bonnaroo—gets the chance to showcase rogue-approved, festival-ready hair. Braids reigned supreme in the 100-degree desert heat, and at the R+Co and Galore Magazine Coachella pool party where our hairdressers came up with inventive, boho styles that incorporated knots and plaits in a number of effortless ways.
Here, we bring back a few of the most popular looks from Indio's free-sprited festivites.
Get the Look:
Two-to-One Crown Braids by David Reid
- Prep hair with DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo and BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste from roots to ends to create texture and hold.
- Take a section of hair just behind the hairline, leaving bangs out, on each side of the head and braid each of the sections.
- Hold both of the braids together in the back of the head. Take a section of hair from either braid and tightly wrap it around the two braids several times. Use a clear hair tie to bind the braids together.
- Gently weave a barrette through the braids and under the natural hair tie and snap in place.
- Spray a generous amount of VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray at the knot and on the braided ends.
Side Braids by Priscilla Urrutia
- Part hair in the center or side and apply TROPHY Shine + Texture Spray from roots to mid-shaft for volume, texture and grip.
- Grab a top section of hair on one side of the parting to prepare your Dutch braid. Feed the braid one side at a time. On either side, you will begin adding hair from the center or side parting.
- Continue the side braid until you reach the back of the head just beyond the ear, leaving the hair at the crown to slightly overlap the braid. Tie with an elastic and finish with an accessory of your choice.
Center Part French by Priscilla Urrutia
- Start with a clean center part and create a section that is half an inch wide and goes all the way down to the nape.
- Clip the rest of the hair away from the section and French braid or corn row starting from the top of the section braiding all the way down past the nape to the end of the hair.
- For grip, zero fly always, and a clean finish use JACKPOT Styling Crème. Tie with an elastic and finish with an accessory of your choice.
- Free the rest of your hair and spray with DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo for texture and movement.