Get the Look Welcome to El Tucán
When Departures featured Miami’s hottest new spot, El Tucán, an unruly throwback to the Havana nightclubs of the ’40s and ’50s, in their May 2016 issue, they called upon Thom Priano to set the sultry stage. “We wanted full-on, dressed-up party mode hair—big and glamorous for her and suave and long for him,” said Thom. “The club is so exotic that it forced me to get more extreme with the hair. We wanted to evoke wild, sexy and playful because it’s what the club brings out in all of us.”
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with DALLAS Thickening Shampoo and DALLAS Thickening Conditioner.
- Spray DALLAS Thickening Spray throughout hair to prep for the rough blow dry. Once dry, set hair with electric curlers.
- Add hairpieces for fullness and thickness and remove curlers. Spray entire head with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray and tease.
- Set the look with VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray.
- Style and set hair in place with AIRCRAFT Pomade Mousse.
- During the shoot, apply a combination of BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste for grit and CONTINENTAL Glossing Wax for shine. Both are pliable and will allow you to rework the style throughout the day.